Monday, July 6, 2009

Update #1 Greenhouse Construction

I was setting the four poles that would make up the four corners of the greenhouse but something was brought to my attention. The poles I was about to use were once used as power poles and were treated with coal tar creosote (a common wood treatment used in railroad ties and power poles.) The problem was that creosote could possibly contaminate the soil. After doing a little research I concluded that there was a possible risk of contaminating my garden since the greenhouse they are so close. Since the garden is so important to me, any risk of doing harm to it, (however small that risk may be) is too much risk. I must confess however, that I don't think any significant damage would be done. Luckily the issue was caught before we proceeded with the rest of construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment