Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strawberries


I just got finished planting one-hundred and twenty-five strawberry plants a few days ago. I had ordered one hundred but found that they had added twenty five extra. They arrived in less than a week after ordering which was awesome. The problem with getting them so quickly however was that I was expecting them to arrive in two to three weeks. I had not prepared the soil in which the plants were to be planted. Also, the area in which I had originally planned to plant in was quite inadequate (as far as square footage goes). Well...let me say that last part again. It's not that I didn't have enough space, I just hadn't prepared any soil before ordering the plants. The picture above was my solution for the remaining plants that I couldn't find a home for. Most of the plants made there way into the planned areas after an intense soil preparation campaign. Some got planted around the apple trees, some made it into the garden and around the homestead. The strawberries are doing well and I can't wait till those little buggers are producing delicious fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment